Central Wyoming College Agriculture and Animal Science Center
In January 2018, Amundsen Associates (Architect-of-Record) and Populous (Equestrian/Livestock/Arena Consultant) were selected for the Level III design of the CWC Agriculture and Animal Science Center. The project entailed reworking the Level II design and budget created by another architecture firm. The design team worked closely with the college and the State of Wyoming to come up with cost effective solutions by value engineering the concept design started by a different design team.
The Amundsen Associates design team simplified the design, continuously value engineered the project during design development and created a number of add alternates to provide some flexibility during bidding to meet the budget.
The facility will provide necessary space for up to two practice arenas (English and Western), a combined classroom/ag lab, animal health unit, tack rooms, student lounge, maintenance, offices and restrooms. The site includes two horse barns, food storage, holding pens and an outdoor arena.
The design is currently on hold as the college seeks additional funding opportunities to increase the program and size of the facility.
- Location: Riverton, WY
- Area: 82,000 Square Feet
- Cost: $10M budget
Other Higher Education Projects• Casper College Student Union / University of Wyoming Casper College Center in association with DLR Group
• University of Wyoming / Casper College Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute Renovation Office Design
• Casper College – University of North Dakota Aley Hall Science Labs and Distance Learning Renovation
• Casper College Liesinger Hall Pharmacy Technology Lab
• Casper College Health Science Simulation Center
• Casper College Strausner Hall English Department Renovation
• Casper College Liesinger Hall Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Renovation
• Casper College Residence Hall in association with AndersonMasonDale Architects
• Casper College Gateway Building in association with CRSA Architects
• Casper College American Recovery and Reinvestment Act projects at Werner Technology Center, Liesinger Hall, Aley Fine Arts, Goodstein Visual Arts and Werner Agricultural Pavilion
• Casper College Werner Technical Center Classroom Renovation
• Casper College Werner Technical Center English as a Second Language Renovation
• Casper College Werner Technical Center Wood Shop and Auto Body Shop Renovations
• Casper College Werner Technical Center Restroom Renovation
• Casper College Agriculture and Equine Resource Center Study
• Casper College Master Plan Refresh in association with Slater-Paull Architects
• Casper College Ranch House Conference Center Study
• Casper College Ranch Code Compliance Study
• Casper College As-Needed Service Contract
• Casper College Thorson Institute of Business Entry
• Casper College Doornbos Agricultural Annex
• Casper College Goodstein Visual Arts Entry
• Central Wyoming College Agriculture and Animal Science Center