Poison Spider K-8
The facility was a replacement school that shared the same site with the former school until the new building was occupied. The school includes classes for Pre-K through 8th grade. The majority of the general classrooms are located in a two-story wing, which is attached to main building containing administrative functions, cafeteria, gymnasium, shop/tech, art and music spaces.
Poison Spider K-8 is located in an agricultural community. The building contains rustic wood and timber features reflective of the Wyoming landscape. The topography of the site required the building to be stepped up the slope, necessitating two full-width corridor ramps within the building.
Anderson Mason Dale was the Architect-of-Record. Amundsen Associates was the Associate Architect for this project, participating in the design process and assisting with Construction Administration Services for the project.
- Location: Casper, WY
- Area: 61,600 Square Feet
- Cost: $14M
Other K-12 Projects• CY Middle School Renovation, Natrona County School District (N.C.S.D.) #1
• Star Lane Academy Renovation/Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• Central Services Renovation, N.C.S.D. #1
• Fairdale Elementary School Renovation/Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• Natrona Co. High School Vo-Tech Renovation, N.C.S.D. #1
• Powder River Elementary School Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• University Park Elementary School Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• Douglas High School Auto Shop and Welding Shop Addition, Converse County School District (C.C.S.D.) #1
• Douglas High School Concept Design for Cafeteria/Multi-purpose Center, C.C.S.D. #1
• High School, Junior High and Elementary Schools Renovations, C.C.S.D. #2
• Albin Elementary School, Laramie County School District (L.C.S.D.) #2
• Carpenter Elementary School, L.C.S.D #2
• Burns Remodel and Addition, L.C.S.D #2
• Elementary School Addition, L.C.S.D #2
• Pine Bluffs Junior High School Library Addition, L.C.S.D #2
• Burns High School Renovation, L.C.S.D #2