Summit Elementary School
The new school was designed to accommodate the growing population on the east side of Casper. Summit Elementary School can accommodate 450 students from Pre-K thru 5th grade. The village center serves as the heart of the school, connecting the commons with the learning communities, administration, music classroom, creativity studio, and the playground.
Sustainable features include daylighting and space conditioning provided by a centralized heat pump geo-exchange system connected to hydronic solar panels and a vertical bore field.
RB+B Architects was the Architect-of-Record. Amundsen Associates was the Associate Architect for this project, participating in the design process and assisting with Construction Administration Services for the project.
- Location: Casper, WY
- Area: 56,000 Square Feet
- Cost: $16M
Other K-12 Projects• CY Middle School Renovation, Natrona County School District (N.C.S.D.) #1
• Star Lane Academy Renovation/Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• Central Services Renovation, N.C.S.D. #1
• Fairdale Elementary School Renovation/Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• Natrona Co. High School Vo-Tech Renovation, N.C.S.D. #1
• Powder River Elementary School Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• University Park Elementary School Addition, N.C.S.D. #1
• Douglas High School Auto Shop and Welding Shop Addition, Converse County School District (C.C.S.D.) #1
• Douglas High School Concept Design for Cafeteria/Multi-purpose Center, C.C.S.D. #1
• High School, Junior High and Elementary Schools Renovations, C.C.S.D. #2
• Albin Elementary School, Laramie County School District (L.C.S.D.) #2
• Carpenter Elementary School, L.C.S.D #2
• Burns Remodel and Addition, L.C.S.D #2
• Elementary School Addition, L.C.S.D #2
• Pine Bluffs Junior High School Library Addition, L.C.S.D #2
• Burns High School Renovation, L.C.S.D #2